Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some problems arising from the submit recipe form

Now that I have the submit a recipe form working, there have been some other problems arise as a result.

You know this is a lot like life! You spend all your time working on something that is just not right, thinking that if I can just get through this then everything will be perfect. But once you solve one problem a million others pop up to replace it.

I have now discovered that the error report function - ie the echo statements - do not show up. They are there, but they are getting lost behind the header image. I know that this is a layout and css problem, but it has caused a real headache for me in terms of getting the dynamic aspect functioning. When I set up the config.php file I know that it includes an error handling trigger. So I am sure that if I can just get that tagged properly then it will solve this problem, but I am not sure I have set up every page to be linked properly to this file. So I am working out how to solve that problem.

Here is a list of issues that I need to address before submission:

1. Error message layout
2. Personalise the 'Welcome' message when a user logs in.
3. Reset the 'submit recipe' form after a recipe has been submitted
4. Fix 'approx year' and 'category' drop down menu's so the user has to enter a field for successful form submission.

A couple of hopefulls:

1. Refine each recipe page (mains, desserts etc) to include a dynamically linked heading - which can be expanded when clicked on to include the full recipe details.
2. Sort out the recipe tab on the menubar at the top to work like the recipe pages below.
3. Set up the 'guidelines for use' page and link

No comments: